TITLE: Microsensors, MEMS and Smart Devices
AUTHOR: J. W. Gardner
From the electronic nose and the intelligent ear to the modern inkjet
nozzle, the applications for smart devices incorporating microsensors
are having a growing impact. This book reports upon recent developments
in the integration of microelectronics with microsensors and microactuators
to form a microsystem or MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) device.
This timely reference text:
- Provides a unique and accessible overview of this rapidly expanding
field and addresses the technology integration issues that are vital to the
successful application of microsensors, MEMS and smart devices
- Describes the latest applications in smart devices such as the electronic
nose and tongue to ID technology such as smart sensors and smart structures
like the smart skin
- Covers the latest fabrication techniques and processes such as bulk
and surface micromachinery, and polymer processing methods
- Describes fabrication materials - functional, structural and intelligent -
and includes comprehensive appendices with properties of materials
Offering a unique overview of this rapidly expanding field, Microsensors,
MEMS and Smart Devices enables readers to understand microsystems
and to evaluate their possibilities.
TABLE OF CONTENTS:
2. Materials for Microdevices.
3. Standard Microelectronic Technologies.
4. Silicon Micromachining Techniques.
5. MEMS Processing Techniques.
6. Multifunctional Polymer Processing Techniques.
7. Batch Fabrication, Photoforming and Assembly of Microdevices.
8. Integrating Microelectronics and MEMS.
9. Design, Modelling and Simulation of Microdevices.
10. Microsensors and Microactuators.
11. Smart Devices.
12. MEMS and Smart Structures.