Kistler Instruments Ltd. - PRODUCT NEWS
NEW KISTLER X-Y MONITOR IS VERSATILE AND LOW COST
The new X-Y monitoring system from Kistler for manufacturing process monitoring and product testing offers high performance, flexibility and a colour touchscreen user interface all for a starting price of around £1,200 which is excellent value for money.
The new Kistler maXYmo BL XY monitor provides maximum performance for minimum price in a wide range of manufacturing processes and quality assurance product testing. Available in panel mount and worktop versions, the maXYmo BL can evaluate a production step or product test on the basis of a curve of up to 8,000 pairs of X-Y values derived from piezoelectric or strain gage sensors on the Y-channel, and potentiometer sensors on the X-channel. The system monitors the process by the relationship between the X-Y curve and the evaluation objects that have been set by entering numerical values or by dragging and dropping on the touch screen user interface.
Up to four UNI-BOX, ENVELOPE CURVE, LINE or NO-PASS type evaluation objects can be allocated for each measurement program or curve to generate OK or NOK (not OK) results.
The maXYmo BL provides a wide range of functions for standard X-Y monitoring tasks:
1. Each evaluation object can be aligned relative to absolute or dynamic reference points.
2. Two real-time outputs can be allocated to either the X- or the Y-channel and used for simple control functions.
3. Current and historical warning messages and alarms, a diagnostic memory for recent curves and a bar chart for finding the sources of NOKs to facilitate traceability in the event of problems.
4. Password access authorizations for different user groups protect against tampering.
5. The maXYmo BL provides 16 measurement programs for 16 different types of parts.
6. The maXYmo BL can exchange measurement data, process values and control signals and allow remote maintenance via Ethernet TCP/IP, Profibus DP and digital IO interfaces.
7. Traceable measurement data and evaluation results can be exported for each part via Ethernet or USB.
8. The maXYmo BL can provide the data of the record for a particular workpiece with a serial number from the PLC via bus or from the integral serial number generator.
To support the flexibility of the maXYmo BL, Kistler supply a wide selection of compatible, piezoelectric, strain gauge and potentiometric force, torque, displacement and angle sensors.
Kistler Instruments Limited
Established in Wintherthur (Switzerland) in 1957, Kistler is represented in over 50 countries and has subsidiaries in Germany, France, Italy, UK, Japan, USA, China, Korea and Singapore. With a staff of more than 800, the Kistler Group is one of the world's leading providers of dynamic measuring instrumentation. The Kistler Group achieved turnover of 160 million Swiss Francs in the 2005 financial year.
Kistler's core competence is the development, production and use of sensors for measuring pressure, force and acceleration. Kistler's know-how and electronic systems can be used to prepare measuring signals for use in analyzing physical processes, controlling and optimizing industrial processes, improving product quality in manufacturing and improving performance in sports and rehabilitation.
Kistler offers a comprehensive range of sensors and systems for engine development, automotive engineering, plastics and metal processing, installation technology and biomechanics.
Heavy investment in research and development, 15% of staff worldwide are engaged in research and development, has generated a number of innovations using piezoelectric, piezoresistive and capacitive techniques to provide solutions to numerous force, pressure and acceleration measuring problems. These innovations include the world's first commercial quartz sensor, two-wire constant current technology to integrate sensors with microelectronic circuitry, high-temperature pressure sensors for use up to 400 Deg C and three-component force measuring sensors.
For more information, please contact :-
Home - Search - Suppliers - Links - New Products - Catalogues - Magazines
Problem Page - Applications - How they work - Tech Tips - Training - Events