Micro-Epsilon UK Ltd. - PRODUCT NEWS
Technology workshop on non-contact measurement techniques and principles
Precision measurement specialist Micro-Epsilon (UK) Ltd is launching a series of Technical Workshops on 'Non-contact Measurement Techniques and Best Practices'. The first of these workshops will take place on 12th May 2011 at The Holiday Inn, Reading South.
The key to successful measurement is to understand the different sensor technologies that are available and to know how best to apply these. As non-contact sensor technologies continue to improve, it can be difficult to keep abreast of the latest innovations in this field and how these can benefit processes or applications. Also, as interfacing technologies have improved, it is now possible to not only use analogue signal processing for measurement, but also to use digital interfaces such as Ethernet.
The workshop aims to introduce the latest innovations in non-contact measurement and to enable engineers to select the most suitable sensor technology for their application; optimise this technology to get the best sensor performance; select the appropriate interface for measurements; and to understand the benefits of using Ethernet interfacing.
The Technology Workshop is free-of-charge and is aimed at anyone who is involved in the use of sensors and instrumentation for displacement, temperature or profile measurement. The event will run from 9.30am to 4pm and will be split into presentations and hands-on demonstrations of the topics covered. A free lunch will also be provided.
The agenda for the day will include the following:
* Understanding the strengths and limitations of 4 different non-contact technologies for displacement measurement.
* Configuration of displacement sensors for optimum performance.
* Case Study on the integration of laser sensors by Stable Micro Systems.
* Ethernet interfacing, the huge benefits this offers in sensor configuration and remote monitoring.
* Basics of infrared (IR) Temperature measurement theory and how it works.
* Understanding the effects of Emissivity on temperature measurement accuracy.
* Using thermal imaging for process control.
* Thermal imaging in R&D applications.
To register for the workshop, please visit www.micro-epsilon.co.uk/events/workshop/
The workshop has a limited number of places available and so attendees are advised to register as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. For more information on the workshop, please call the Micro-Epsilon sales team on 0151 355 6070 or email: email@example.com
For sales and technical information contact:-
Home - Search - Suppliers - Links - New Products - Catalogues - Magazines
Problem Page - Applications - How they work - Tech Tips - Training - Events