Shawcity - PRODUCT NEWS
Shawcity Ltd is an EMEA strategic channel partner for City Technology (incorporating Sensoric GmbH), one of the world's leading manufacturers in gas sensing technology.
With over 300 high performance sensor products detecting 28 common and exotic gases, our range includes 3, 4, 5 and 7 Series, MICROcel, MICROpel and Sensoric sensors.
With our high-performance sensors used across various applications, we work closely with businesses and organisations operating in fields as diverse as medical, metal processing, chemical, automotive, agriculture, pharmaceutical, textiles, water & waste water treatment, mining, pulp & paper processing, gas detection/monitoring manufacturers, petrochemical, utilities and R&D institutes, including leading universities.
Our range offers detection for the following gases:
- Carbon Dioxide
- Carbon Monoxide
- Chlorine Dioxide
- Ethylene Oxide
- Hydrogen Bromide
- Hydrogen Chloride
- Hydrogen Cyanide
- Hydrogen Fluoride
- Hydrogen Selenide
- Hydrogen Sulfide
- Nitric Oxide
- Nitrogen Dioxide
- Sulfur Dioxide
- Exhaust Gases
- General Air Quality.
Sensors are available in different formats to suit specific applications. Our main product range includes:
- Wide variety, many with 4-20mA or mV transmitter boards
- General industry applications
- Flue gas emission monitoring
- Ambient air monitoring
- Medical gas applications.
Industry standard for portable gas detectors:
- Oxygen and toxic gases
- IR version for carbon dioxide and methane
- Fully-certified pellistors for combustible gas detection.
Premium gas sensors for optimal performance in harsh environments:
- Flue gas analysers
- Combustion efficiency monitors
- Oxygen, carbon monoxide, nitric oxide, nitrogen dioxide, sulfur dioxide, hydrogen compensated carbon monoxide.
- General gas detection applications
- Oxygen and numerous toxic gases
- For use in portable or fixed gas detectors
- Medical gas applications.
Our smallest, most compact sensors:
- Oxygen, carbon monoxide, hydrogen sulphide, fully-certified combustible gas sensors.
- Electrochemical toxic gas sensors
- Excellent performance detecting 20 different gases
- Widest exotic toxic gas sensor offer on the market
- Mini, classic, smart, 4 & 7 series
- Can be supplied with 4-20mA transmitter boards.
Shawcity's customer base stretches across the entire EMEA region catering for companies of all sizes and specialisms. We understand requirements within the industry and offer:
- Advice for R&D and start-up projects
- One-offs and sample sensor orders
- Account support for quantity breaks
- A range of stock available for immediate dispatch.
4OxLL and 5OxLL Oxygen Sensors
These long-life oxygen sensors are designed to work in an analyser for seven years, the entire life of the instrument. Available in 4 and 5 series formats, they offer an enhanced response time in extreme conditions. Based on "electrochemical pump" technology, the design avoids using a consumable anode (lead), removing the life-limiting component of many sensors. This technology significantly reduces the cost of ownership and the occurrence of field failure, helping manufacturers reduce their servicing costs.
* Available in 4 & 5 Series formats
* Seven year life
* Fast response & recovery times: T90 <15sec
* O2 offset <0.3%
* Highly stable: <5% signal loss over lifetime.
Hydrogen Sulphide Sensors
Sensoric cells are designed for operation in a wide range of environments and harsh conditions. Based on 3-electrode electrochemical technology, the new 3E 2000 S is a very selective, high capacity sensor ideal for use in Landfill and Biogas applications.
Available in Mini, Classic, Smart (8 pin pocket), 4 & 7 Series formats the sensor has a 15 month operating life in normal use. It also has a fast response time: T90 < 60 sec, baseline offset: < ±250 nA and Lower detection limit: < 20 ppm.
A5F+ Carbon Monoxide Sensors
The new A5F+ provides extended range CO sensing (for use up to 20,000ppm) above the capacity of the established A5F sensor. This eliminates the need for a second sensor in instruments certified for 'high range' applications. The sensor uses a H2 compensated 4 electrode design and a high capacity SOx / NOx filter, providing over five years life in typical usage cycles. This sensor fully complies with EN50379-2 & 3.
HPM Series Particle Sensor
The Honeywell HPM Series Particle Sensor is a laser-based sensor which uses the light scattering method to detect and count particles in the concentration range of 0 µg/m3 to 1,000 µg/m3 in a given environment. A laser light source illuminates a particle as it is pulled through the detection chamber and as particles pass through the beam, the light source becomes obscured and this is recorded on the detector. The light is then analysed and converted to an electrical signal to calculate concentrations in real time.
Tel: +44(0)1367 899565
Home - Search - Suppliers - Links - New Products - Catalogues - Magazines
Problem Page - Applications - How they work - Tech Tips - Training - Events